What's in a name?

Gulliver stems from the protagonist 'Gully Foyle' from Alfred Bester's The Stars My Destination. Xerxes is in honour of the Persian king 486 to 465 BC. Conroy is Morgan's maternal grandfather's surname.

16 September, 2011

Gully's solo adventure

Today I caught up with two friends and their bubs at New Farm Park, by the Brisbane River. At one stage Gully started crawling away from us, happily exploring. I was pretty relaxed about this and let him do his own thing. What an intrepid, introspective and relaxed fellow he is?

[Video]



I ended up following him down to the path. He made it halfway across the concrete before finding the texture a bit rough and appreciating a lift. Then I took him down to the silty-sand edge of the mangroves, where he pushed it about with his hands and played with the rocks. 

Magical day. Possibly my favourite moment of being a parent so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment