What's in a name?

Gulliver stems from the protagonist 'Gully Foyle' from Alfred Bester's The Stars My Destination. Xerxes is in honour of the Persian king 486 to 465 BC. Conroy is Morgan's maternal grandfather's surname.

11 August, 2011

Gullys first opera

When I grew up there was always a piano in the house. We don't have enough room for a piano in our apartment, but we are able to hire a keyboard so that Gully has something really fun to interact with. The Casio is so much more interesting than baby toys! We just have to keep the drool out of the keys. ;)

Every day Gully tries out new things on the keyboard. I wish I could video each time he does something remarkable. For example, this morning he was pressing a single note repeatedly with such careful deliberation, it was hard not to think he would start playing a song. He often changes the rhythms and instruments as he plonks away. Anyway, this video's especially for Grandma-GXC, who brought music into my brother and my lives from the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment